Who’s My Neighbor?
When:Saturday, March 3rd, 2018, 10:00am - 12:00
Where:East County Newbreak Campus
El Cajon, CA 92021
Get Directions →
Who's My Neighbor?
Is a seminar being led by a member of Newbreak who has spent the past 17 years working among Muslim refugees, both in the USA and overseas. Topics that will be discussed include:
- What does it mean to love our neighbor as yourself if they seem very different from us, born in a distant land, from very different cultures and religions?
- As God told the Israelites to love the sojourner, the stranger, the alien in their land, how would that translate to how God wants us to treat refugees living among us?
- Who are the “refugees living in my city?”
- What is the difference between a “refugee” and a “legal or illegal immigrant”?
- Are refugees open to friendship with Christians or open to hearing the gospel?
- What are some ways that we can build bridges with them, and share the love of Christ with them?
Hear stories from refugees themselves who have been resettled here and even some who are following Christ.
Come join us as we discuss and explore possible volunteer opportunities to love our neighbors as ourselves.
For more information:
Contact Kellie Hooper at firstname.lastname@example.orgSign Up