Apprentice Leadership Program
Application Process Overview
Apply - Complete the Apprentice Leadership Application. Include your resume, testimony, references, and 60 second cover letter video. Once we have received and reviewed your submission, we will contact you.
Ask - During this phase, we get to ask each other questions and get to know each other. It is our relational way of finding out if there is something between us.
Assess - Take strength, personality, and assessment tests. In this phase, there will be an interview with a Newbreak Campus Leader or Ministry Pastor to assess the relationship between the candidate and Newbreak. If determined there is value in both parties moving forward, the next step will be an interview with a Newbreak Church team.
Activate - Once the candidate has been found to be a good fit in the assessment areas listed below, a path will be created for the new Apprentice.
- Chemistry: Are we a good fit for one another?
- Competency: Does the candidate have what it takes to lead a campus or ministry?
- Character: Is Jesus Lord of every aspect of the individual’s life?
- Calling: Is there a longing to be in a particular place to reach a particular group of people?
Purpose of Apprenticeship
• To reproduce next-generation leaders who are leading others, particularly young people, to be disciples of Jesus (2 Timothy 2:2).
- Must have graduated from high school at least four years before the beginning of the apprenticeship.
- Must have the desire to help people grow in their relationship with Christ.
- Must be willing to learn...from God's Word, Jesus, His Spirit, other leaders, reading, culture, mistakes.
- Must lead a lifestyle that is committed to Biblical standards and is above reproach.
- Must exemplify leadership qualities and giftedness to clearly communicate to groups of various ages & sizes.
- Must exercise healthy personal disciplines (i.e. organizing skills, work ethic, stewardship, physical well-being, accomplish tasks by a set deadline).
- Must work well within a team.
- Must be able to provide own personal transportation.